Insolvency and Corporate restructuring
OFX is well recognised as an expert firm in the field of insolvency and corporate restructuring. We have acted for parties involved in every aspect of such arrangements including corporate clients, individual directors and shareholders, financial institutions, creditors, landlords, tenants and insolvency practitioners seeking appointment as receivers, liquidators (both court appointed and voluntary) and examiners. We have advised substantial corporate groups in adopting more effective and streamlined corporate structures and also engaging in complex restructurings for specific transactions or in the context of resolving shareholder disputes. We have established key relationships with fellow professionals engaged in such transactions who are providing specialist tax or financial advice and we effectively operate as part of any professional team.
- corporate restructuring
- legal aspects of financial restructuring (acting for either the borrower or the lender)
- liquidation (member’s voluntary, creditor’s voluntary, court)
- examinership (acting for all parties involved including the company itself, directors, shareholders, landlords, financial institutions)
- acting for creditors considering rights in insolvency situations
- acting for receivers, statutory receivers, liquidators, examiners
- shareholder disputes including defending and prosecuting litigation claiming oppression
Our experienced and well-resourced team of commercial law experts advise clients on evaluating the solutions best suited to their particular needs and situation including “thinking outside the box” and acting with all necessary speed in any given circumstances to ensure the best possible outcome for the client. We see the Consolidated Companies legislation as providing new opportunities to facilitate corporate restructuring and would be happy to speak to any clients interested in any aspect of such corporate restructuring work.