Data Protection and Intellectual Property
OFX advises on all aspects of Privacy Law and Data Protection. Our advice in this area comprises of advices to public bodies and private entities. We advise public bodies on their obligations regarding Freedom of Information.
We have recently provided advice to many public bodies, large companies and SME’s on ensuring compliance with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Regarding Intellectual Property Law, OFX is aware that the intellectual property held by a private or corporate client needs to be protected given it is an essential and often key asset of a business. We offer practical advice in this area to clients to ensure that their rights are protected.
Our advice on Data Protection and Privacy includes:
- Privacy and data protection policies and statements
- Provision of advice to achieve compliance with GDPR.
- Freedom of information policies
- Training in relation to obligations of data controllers and data processors.
- Dealing with issues of enforcement and data breaches
- Referrals to Data Protection Commissioner.
- Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Data transfers outside the European Economic Area.
- Use of CCTV and other surveillance.
We regularly advise on the following in relation to Intellectual Property Law:
- Contentious and non-contentious I.P. disputes/issues;
- Protection strategies including working with our client’s patent/trademark agents;
- Research and development contracts;
- Copyright, trademark and patent protection, unregistered designs, passing off;
- Assignment of I.P.;
- Licensing and royalty agreements;
- Franchising and non-disclosure of confidential information/know-how.