OFX has developed a deep expertise in advising various clients active in the Information Technology sector, from multinational corporations to start-ups and everything in between.
Our clients include substantial manufacturers of cutting edge technology products and software, specialist software developers, software service providers, website designers and companies providing IT maintenance and support.
Members of our team have extensive experience in dealing with the specific legal requirements of clients in the IT sector.
We advise on:
- Corporate matters
- Commercial contracts
- IPR issues
- Software licensing
- Escrow arrangements
- Incorporation of subsidiaries
- Establishment in other jurisdictions and liaising with foreign lawyers
- Assistance with legalisation of documents
- Joint ventures
- Shareholders agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions including MBO
- Competition law
- Data protection,
- Funding arrangements with venture capitalists, Enterprise Ireland and others
- IDA grant agreements
- Employment matters
- Property matters including disposal, acquisition, leases and licences
- Pension issues
- Directors’ duties
- Compliance issues