Insolvency and Corporate Restructuring
OFX is well recognised as an expert firm in the field of insolvency and corporate restructuring. We have acted for parties involved in every aspect of such arrangements including corporate clients, individual directors and shareholders, financial institutions, creditors, landlords, tenants and insolvency practitioners seeking appointment as receivers, liquidators (both court appointed and voluntary) and examiners.
We have acted in many high profile High Court cases in the areas of examinership and liquidations.
We have advised substantial corporate groups in adopting more effective and streamlined corporate structures and also engaging in complex restructurings for specific transactions or in the context of resolving shareholder disputes. We have established key relationships with fellow professionals engaged in such transactions who are providing specialist tax or financial advice and we effectively operate as part of any professional team.
Our Corporate team regularly advise on:
- Corporate restructuring
- Legal aspects of financial restructuring (acting for either the borrower or the lender)
- Liquidation (member’s voluntary, creditor’s voluntary, court)
- Examinership (acting for all parties involved including the company itself, directors, shareholders, landlords, financial institutions)
- Acting for creditors considering rights in insolvency situations
- Acting for receivers, statutory receivers, liquidators, examiners
- Shareholder disputes including defending and prosecuting litigation claiming oppression